- Off-season Hockey Programs
- In-season Hockey Program
- Golf Programs
- Home Gym Design
NEW: Virtual Off-Season Training
For athletes who are unable to travel, an adjusted, virtual training program is now available. We will assess your current situation, discuss your goals, and design a virtual program for you based on what equipment and resources you have available.
Contact us to discuss how virtual sessions can support your goals.
Empowers Performance offers 3 off-season hockey training programs, one for amateurs, elite amateurs, and one for professional hockey players. These programs prioritize understanding your individual needs and setting you on the right training path to enjoy a long and healthy career.
Every program is unique and will enhance your overall performance to allow you to go into the next season more than ready. With the programs being unique in themselves and mostly individualized, these points are only a general outline of what your experience will look like. For more details on how to choose the right program and how it can work for you, contact us today.
- The Empowered Elite Program Is designed for amateur athletes from 12U – 18U that want to train on a program designed and implemented with a specific progression in place to enhance all aspects of performance. This program is not completely individualized as the elite amateur program, however it will incorporate data collection, to ensure you are able to see the results of the work you put in.
- The Empowered Elite Plus Program is designed for high-level amateur athletes from young divisions such as 14U to Junior/NCAA. This Program is completely individualized and designed specifically to your needs that are determined through an in-depth assessment. Frequency re assessment and data collection will take place to ensure goals and desired progress is being met.
- The Empowered Elite Pro Program is designed for the professional athlete and is completely individualized and designed specifically to your needs that are determined through an in-depth assessment. Daily tracking of performance and recovery measures ensure goals and desired progress is being met. Complete access to recovery modalities is included.
- Off-season programs are available between May and September of each year.
- Daily, in-person sessions with Tommy Powers and team.
- Athletes will be responsible for their own transportation and accommodation.
NEW: In-season Hockey Program
Empowers Performance offers in-season team training to allow for further development to occur during competition. Many athletes, coaches, and parents believe that the in-season training if done at all is to maintain what was developed during the off-season. As maintenance is key during the season this is also an imperative time to continue working on mobility, flexibility, activation, quickness, speed, strength, and power which when done properly and consistently decreases the risk for injury and allows your team to outperform the others
- Please contact us for more details and inquiries
- Blood test (info about what they’re testing for) via Vibrant Lab panel assessment 2-3 times per season
- Ongoing nutrition management and meal prep services
- Monthly management of supplements based on ongoing body chemistry analysis
- 24/7 Performance Management Concierge Services
- On-demand scheduling and billing of recovery services, including but not limited to cryotherapy, deprivation tanks, hyperbaric chamber, and vitamin intravenous treatment, etc.
- Monthly billing and appointment management of Empowers Performance endorsed body work providers, including but not limited to soft tissue treatment, fascial stretching, and chiropractic therapy
Tommy Powers is a TPI Certified Golf Expert. TPI Golf Certification means that Tommy is trained with the deep understanding of how the body’s strengths and weaknesses affect the golf swing. Tommy trains golfers with the same one-on-one approach that he takes in training hockey players—he looks for individual needs and deficiencies and builds them up for optimal performance over time. Tommy works with golfers from his Empowers facility in Scottsdale, AZ where they have access to the facilities of the American Center for Biological Medicine (ACBM) and flexibility and mobility protocol support specialist Shelly Anderson.
NEW: Home Gym Design and Consultation
While all Empowers Performance programs require a certain amount of training time with Tommy in person in Scottsdale, most athletes’ homes are located elsewhere in the USA and Canada. To ensure that our athletes are able to maintain their training, Tommy offers Home Gym Design and Consultation.
Home Gym Design is driven by the same principles as in-person training. Each athlete has individual fitness needs and requires personalized training equipment to achieve their goals.
Your gym design will be based on learnings from in-person training sessions and consultation with Tommy Powers, to take advantage of your natural strengths and improve performance in the areas that matter to you.